I heard about this West Coast based ice cream company at the beginning of October when their spooky Halloween flavors came out. Salt & Straw is in parts of California and Seattle and they came out with two ice cream flavors made out of pig’s blood and crickets. Remember that?
Seriously delicious, amiright?
Just in time for Thanksgiving, Salt & Straw has rolled out 5 tasty flavors, and they aren’t QUITE as extreme as those Halloween ones, but I’m still on the fence about them.
1. Salted Caramel Thanksgiving Turkey, with turkey fat and skin mixed in.
(I’ll pass on the skin)
2. Sweet Potato Casserole with Maple Pecans.
(This doesn’t sound half bad, at all)
3. Roasted Cranberry Sauce Sorbet.
(Okay…I might be able to get down with this)
4. Roasted Peach and Sage Cornbread Stuffing.
(Not sure about this one)
5. And Spiced Goat Cheese and Pumpkin Pie.
(No. All the no. Well, maybe. Pumpkin pie though!)
Salt & Straw did this last year too, but the cornbread stuffing and cranberry sauce are brand new.
So how much is a pint of Thanksgiving heaven going to run ya? $65 plus shipping.