Castle in the Clouds is nestled in the Ossipee Mountains nearly 2,000 feet above Lake Winnipesaukee. It serves as a premier location to experience the splendor of autumn in New Hampshire.
Activities for all ages and abilities are abundant at this mountainside gem, where history, nature, and the arts meet. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, each visit helps to support its mission to preserve, interpret, and share the historic Lucknow estate for the enjoyment and enrichment of the public.
Castle in the Clouds is open to visitors daily through October 21st.
1. MANSION TOURS
- Enjoy a self-guided tour of the art-and-crafts-style, 16-room, 10,000 square-foot Lucknow estate, built in 1914
- Upgrade your experience with a one-hour guided basement tour. Explore servants’ quarters, the Castle’s unique construction, and the ultra-modern appliances and amenities enjoyed by its original owners.
- Dine in original 1914 horse stalls or on the terrace overlooking Lake Winnipesaukee at Castle in the Clouds’ award-winning eatery, The Carriage House Restaurant
- Open for lunch daily during the regular season and on select days during the winter.
3. HORSEBACK RIDING
- Visit the stables at Riding in the Clouds to take a horseback ride on wooded trails, a horse-drawn carriage ride, or a pony ride for the kids.
- Explore over 28 miles of trails managed by the Lakes Region Conservation Trust, popular for hiking, walking, and observing waterfalls and the abundant wildlife of the Ossipee range.
- Visitors can also enjoy exploring the land via snowmobile trails in the winter!
All this and more at www.castleintheclouds.org
CASTLE IN THE CLOUDS
455 Old Mountain Rd, Rte 171
Moultonborough, NH 03254