NH Elderly Home Catches Fire, Sending Residents Out In The Cold
DOVER, N.H. (AP) — Firefighters say a blaze in a housing complex for the elderly and disabled in Dover, New Hampshire, forced several residents to be evacuated into the frigid night.
Fire Chief Eric Hagman said one occupant was taken to the hospital Saturday night with chest pain, but that no one else was hurt. Displaced residents were placed on a bus, and temporary housing was lined up by the Dover Housing Authority.
Fire officials said they called in reinforcements Saturday night because frigid temperatures created a challenge for fire firefighters.
The housing complex, 3 Edgar Bois Terrace, is comprised of 20 units. Officials believe the fire started on the first floor of one of the units.