Take the Time to Honor Those Who Served by Attending Veterans Day Events in NH
As Veterans Day approaches, many events and ceremonies will take place throughout New Hampshire. From schools and churches, to veterans homes and cemeteries, you won’t have to travel far to find an event honoring anyone who served in the Armed Forces.
A Veterans Day program “Songs and Stories of WWII” will be held at the Aviation Museum of New Hampshire on Nov. 9. Offering free admission for veterans, the event will take place at 7 p.m. More information can be found here.
At Dartmouth College in Hanover, various events will be held throughout the week before Veterans Day. From Nov. 6-11, events like breakfasts, screenings, and ceremonies will take place on campus. Click here for more information.
A Veterans Day Ceremony will be held at the NH Veterans Home in Tilton on Nov. 10. Starting at 11 a.m., residents and staff will be paying their respects to all veterans during a ceremony.
In Rindge, a Veterans Day Service will take place at Cathedral of the Pines on Nov. 11. The service starts at 10:45 a.m., and more information can be found at the church’s website here.
An annual Veterans Day breakfast is being hosted in Manchester on Nov. 11. The Liberty House is hosting the event, but it will take place at the Radisson Armory Room from 8:30 -9:30 a.m. More information can be found here.
The Deerfield Community School in Deerfield is hosting a Veterans Day Ceremony on Nov. 9. The event will be from 7:45-10:45 a.m., and more information can be found here.
The following is a list of NH towns and cities holding Veterans Day parades on Saturday:
• Manchester: Starts at 10:30 a.m. on Elm Street and ends at Veterans Memorial Park.
• Jaffrey: Starts at 10:30 a.m. on Blake Street.
• Milford: Starts at 10:30 a.m. at the Milford Oval.
• Nashua: Starts at 11 a.m. at Holman Stadium.
• Peterborough: Starts at 10:30 a.m. at Veterans’ Way with a Remembrance Service before at All Saints Church at 9 a.m.
• Londonderry: Starts at 10 a.m. at the Londonderry High School and continues to the town common.