Kick Off Your New Year With A First Day Hike!
First day hikes are taking place all across North America to ring in the New Year with a summit view.
New years day hikes offer individuals and families an opportunity to begin 2018 rejuvenating and connecting with the outdoors by taking a free organized hike on January 1st.
Participants of First Day Hikes can explore historic sites, state parks and even enjoy pet-friendly hikes with their four-footed friends.
Guided hikes will be led by park staff and out partner volunteers.
The New Hampshire Fish and Game Department has provided a list of tips you can follow to stay safe outdoors:
- Please remember to check the weather prior to the event.
- All hikes will be rain, snow, or shine.
- Dress in layers appropriate for the winter weather and wear appropriate footwear. For more information regarding recommended clothing and gear, please visit Hike Safe.
- Traction devices such as microspikes or yaktrax are highly recommended (trails may be icy).
- Be sure to pack water and a snack for during the hike. The Park will provide a warm drink and healthy snack at the completion of the hike.
For more information on New Years Day Hike check here.