Nature Made recalls dietary supplements for possible staph, salmonella contamination
Nature Made is recalling a variety of vitamin products due to potential Salmonella or Staphylococcus aureus contamination, the company announced Tuesday.
Pharmavite LLC, which owns Nature Made, says they are working with the FDA to implement this recall and are notifying all distributors to remove the product from store shelves immediately. The recalled products were distributed nationwide.
The following products are included in the recall:
- Nature Made Adult Gummies Multi: 90 and 150 count.
- Lot number 1196066, 1196071, and 1205052.
- Nature Made Adult Gummies Multi + Omega-3: 150 count.
- Lot number 1173600
- Nature Made Adult Gummies Multi for Her plus Omega-3s: 100 and 150 count.
- Lot number 1196048 and 1196050.
- Nature Made Super B Complex w/ C & Folic Acid Tablets: 140, 460, and 360 counts.
- Lot number 1173779, 1170987, 1204735, 1173146, 1204001.
Pharmavite says the following products are being recalled, as well, out of an abundance of caution for other reasons:
- Nature Made Adult Gummies Hair, Skin, Nails: 90 and 150 count.
- Lot number 1198437 and 1198438
- Nature Made Vitamin D 1000 IU Tablets: 100, 300, 125 and 350 counts:
- Lot number 1147550, 1174782, 1176755, 1140172, 1175637, 1176756, 1147978, and 1147557.
No other products are impacted by this recall.
The lot number can be found on the back panel next to the expiration date. Products that fall within the lots indicated should not be consumed. Consumers are encouraged to return the affected products to their retailer for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact the company during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Standard Time at 1(800) 276-2878.