Home and Estate Items to Be Sold At Auction - July 7th
William A. Smith Inc. Auctioneers & Appraisers Since 1961 Presents:
Spectacular Annual July Estate Auction
Featuring: Americana, Artwork, Accessories, Silver & Jewelry, Asian (including 75 pcs. of cinnabar) Oriental Rugs, Occupational Mug collection, Automobiles and much more!
Location: Smith’s Auction Gallery – 1064 Route 12-A Plainfield, NH
Auction: Friday, July 7th 2017 at 10:00AM
Preview: Thurs. July 6th from 12:00-5:00pm and morning of sale from 8:00am
We have selected choice items from many area homes and estates to present a very unique holiday auction event; a diverse mixture of American furniture, paintings and accessories from The Francis X Houghton estate, related to the Bennett Family, early settlers of Stonington, CT. Francis was a Princeton graduate then NYC advertising executive for Ogilvy & Mather. A Kendal retirement home estate, loaded with clean antiques, modern and a life-time collection of 100+ occupational shaving mugs from a VT gentleman, Asian from the estate of Fred Sand early cinnabar and much more. See our website for full auction details and images – www.wsmithauction.com. This will be a 500+ lot auction; please make plans to join us for a day of old-fashion auction fun. Absentee and telephone bids accepted.
New to auctions? Follow these easy steps:
- Upon arrival, one of our friendly representatives at the registration desk will provide you with a bidder’s card upon registration; use this bidder card throughout the live auction.
- Take the opportunity to preview the items coming up for auction. Feel free ask qualified staff members for information about the items, i.e. pre-sale estimates, provenance, etc.
- Once the auction commences, the auctioneer will announce each lot and then ask for opening bids. Bidding progresses in sequentially higher increments. To place a bid simply raise your bidder’s card for the auctioneer to recognize your bid. If no one tops your bid, the auctioneer will state the item is sold.
- If you cannot stay for the auction, we have confidential left bid and telephone bid forms at the front desk to fill out, please inquire regarding this service.
- If you decide to stay for the auction you are welcome to fill out a reserved seat slip and place it on any of the available seats in the gallery. Customers are also encouraged to call ahead to reserve a seat(s) if they know in advance they will be attending the sale.
- No Smith Auction experience would be complete without stopping by the caterer for one of their many treats.
- After you are done bidding for the day, head back to the front desk to check out. If you cannot take all your items that day, Smith's provides free short-term storage and or recommends filling out a Waltman’s Delivery form to schedule a delivery.
- William A. Smith Inc. conducts on average 45 auctions per year, varying from five major cataloged auctions, on-site auctions and Tuesday Evening auctions. We also conduct specialties auctions that include trains, sporting goods, and more…
- William A. Smith Auction always welcomes potential consignors, to contact them about consigning with them in any of their many upcoming sales.
The staff of William A. Smith Inc. auction gallery hopes to see you soon at one of our next auctions!