Gas explosion sends man to hospital after trying to ignite pilot light in Weirs
LACONIA — A man was taken to the hospital with burns after a gas explosion on Tuesday.
The victim was trying to ignite the pilot light at 21 Weeks St. in Weirs, according to the Laconia Citizen. He was transported to a Lakes Region General Hospital for evaluation.
Officials said the fire had been extinguished by the time they arrived on scene but the building still sustained $10,000 worth of damage.
The gas was shut off before the crews arrived.