Fire destroys unoccupied house in Henniker
HENNIKER - An early morning fire destroyed an unoccupied house Thursday.
Neighbors of the 137 Lone Pine Road home called in the fire at 1:37 a.m. It started in a shed that is attached to the house.
Firefighters had the fire knocked down within an hour but the home was a total loss. Fire officials said they believe the cause was a space heater being used to thaw frozen pipes.
They remained on scene until 6:18 a.m. Crews from Hopkinton, Hillsborough and Weare assisted at the scene and Bradford covered the fire station.
The home is owned by Eugene Monroe, according to town assessing records. Fire officials said he lives in Warner.