ESPN's Britt McHenry suspended after vulgar exchange with cashier goes viral
ESPN sideline reporter Britt McHenry has been suspended for a week after a verbal exchange with a tow yard attendant was caught on camera.
She was allegedly towed on a Sunday while eating dinner.
If you've ever been towed, it's undoubtedly a frustrating experience.
Watch the exchange - caught by a security camera and posted by LiveLeak - and decide for yourself whether the reporter crossed an ethical line.
Disclaimer: there's some explicit language in the footage below:
Some of the lines from McHenry:
- "Maybe if I was missing some teeth they would hire me, huh?"
- "I'm in television and you're in a (expletive) trailer, honey."
- "I'm in the news sweetheart, I will (expletive) sue this place."
- "So I could be a college dropout and do the same thing?"
and as she leaves:
- "Lose some weight, baby girl."
McHenry apologized Friday via Twitter after the video went viral.
Busted Coverage caught up with the towing company, and the cashier on the other end of the exchange. It's worth a read.