Scrolling Social Media: Distracted Mother Arrested For Endangerment After Toddler Strangles Herself
HUDSON - Hudson police say last month they, as well as the fire department responded to a 911 call for a report of a three-year-old girl who had a dog leash wrapped around her neck and was turning blue.
On scene, Police found the child upset but alert and breathing. She was evaluated by the Hudson Fire Department and transported to the Southern New Hampshire Medical Center in Nashua for further treatment.
Detectives followed up on this incident quickly learning the girl's mother, Morgan White, 23, was home at the time of the incident.
It was learned that the child was left unattended in the living room for an extended period of time, while Ms. White was in a different room, according to the police.
A retractable dog leash was left on the ottoman in the living room, within reach of the young child. Officials believe the girl wrapped the retractable leash around her neck multiple times, restricting the air flow to her lungs, which resulted in strangulation.
Officials say, the child was unable to breath, and the leash was tight enough that a finger could not fit between the leash and the neck of the child.
Police say, Ms. White had been distracted by "social media applications", according to the press release. It is unknown if she was on a cell phone or another electronic device.
An arrest warrant was issued for White, age 23 for endangering the welfare of a child. Police say she violated a duty of care by neglecting to supervise her daughter.
Ms. White turned herself into the Hudson Police Department and is set to be arraigned at the 9th District Court in Nashua, NH on March 8th, 2018.
The Hudson Police Department said they will not release any further information until at least Monday.