Charging lawnmower causes fire that destroys home in New England
WAYNE, Maine (AP) — A lawnmower that exploded as it was being charged is to blame for a fire that destroyed a home in the Maine town of Wayne.
Officials say the fire on Friday started in the garage where the homeowners were charging their lawnmower.
The fire spread from the garage to the home.
The fire chief tells WCSH-TV that when firefighters responded to a call shortly after 6 p.m. the home was fully engulfed.
No one was injured.
The fire chief is recommending that people charge any equipment outside, away from the home.