WATCH: Manchester Firefighters Giving Corgi CPR Will Melt Your Heart
MANCHESTER — Manchester fire department rescued three pets at a two-alarm fire on Taylor St. Thursday afternoon.
The fire department said they responded 165 Taylor St. around 4:30 p.m. Thursday. District Chief Jim Michael says a passer-by called 911 saying smoke was coming from the house. When firefighters arrived, they found a two-story structure with fire coming out of the basement. No one was home but two dogs and one cat were rescued from the home. Michael says the dogs were a black Labrador and a corgi. The corgi was unresponsive and CPR was administered at the scene by firefighters. Michael says the corgi was revived. All three pets were transported to an emergency veterinary clinic via ambulance. There is no word on their condition.
The fire was under control in 13 minutes from the time firefighters arrived.
Officials estimate damages are around $40,000.
The New Hampshire/Vermont Region of the American Red Cross says they are assisting three adults and the pets with shelter and other necessities.