Next time you're making scrambled eggs, try this recipe from Paula Deen.
Cue the Vidalia Onions cause it’s time to make Chef Paula Deen’s delicious scrambled eggs.
The key is cooking slow and steady, Vidalia onions, a little bacon grease and she likes to use a splash of water instead of milk. It seems daunting, and maybe a little over the top, but once you try it this way you'll never go back.
- Melt a tablespoon of Butter and a tablespoon of bacon grease in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped up onions and cook until they are caramelized.
- Crack 3 eggs and add a splash of water.
- Slightly break the yokes with a fork and whisk until frothy.
- Once the onions are caramelized turn off the stove to let the pan cool off.
- Return to low heat, add the egg mixture and cover to cook for a few minutes.
- Once the eggs start to setup flip them over with a spatula and cook for a few more minutes until they are soft scrambled.
Plate immediately and add bacon, an English muffin and some fruit and you’ll have a great meal any time day or night! You'll definitely want to eat it fast as this will not last long on the table.